I was contacted by The sound of summer several nights ago with some great news. He had nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. His was actually the first of two nominations that night. To say it was a night of good news wouldn’t be doing it full justice. I was honored. I always appreciate someone taking the time to read my posts, provide constructive advice and to say they enjoyed their time looking around the site. It makes my day to know I provided some positive entertainment, wisdom or knowledge to someone else. I recommend you visit The sound of summer’s blog. It is a very vibrant and well produced blog. I’m sure you’ll find something of interest, too!
The history of the One Lovely Blog Award is that “nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers” (as written by The sound of summer on 10/12/2014).
In order to “accept” the award, the nominated blogger must follow these guidelines:
* Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
* Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
* Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
* Nominate about 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME:
1) I am a book hoarder. You should see my bookshelves and don’t even get me to open up all my books apps on my iPad.
2) I had a crush on Cary Grant as a young girl and my world was destroyed when my sister informed me about this thing called time and how it marches on after an actor films a movie.
3) I used to be a licensed massage therapist but had to quit do to early arthritis in my hands.
4) I talk to my cats and I don’t care what you think. 😉
5) I have way too many pairs of shoes.
6) I completed my first Ultra Racing event this August. I did 29 miles in the 12 hours we had. My feet were duct taped due to severe blisters at Mile 15.
7) Due to running, I have some gnarly looking toes. Badge of honor in the running community, though.
HERE ARE MY NOMINATIONS (not quite the 11 but really great lovely blogs in my opinion)
I’ve enjoyed investigating and poking around these bloggers’ sites. Each has a great individualized approach to showcasing their talent. I hope you will enjoy discovering more about them too, if you don’t already know them.